The SerLCD v2.5 module is a serial LCD module incorporates many new features. The SerLCD backpack takes care of all the HD44780 commands allowing seamless integration with any micro that can communicate over a wide range of TTL serial baud rates. The SerLCD v2.5 has the ability to drive up to 1A directly for backlight control or as a general purpose high-power control pin.
SerLCD v2.5 currently supports 16 and 20 character wide screens with 2 or 4 lines of display. Contrast control is implemented through a trim pot on the module. Comes with 3-pin screw terminal shown on right.
- New PIC 16F688 utilizes onboard UART for greater communication accuracy.
- Adjustable baud rates of 2400, 4800, 9600 (default), 14400, 19200 and 38400.
- Operational Backspace.
- Greater processing speed at 8MHz.
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters.
- Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A.
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption.
- All surface mount design allows a backpack that is half the size of the original.
- Faster boot-up time.
- Boot-up display can be turned on/off via firmware.
User definable splash screen.