Most industrial computer systems come with standard RS-232 serial ports. Though widely accepted, RS-232 has limited transmission speed, range, and networking capabilities. The RS-422 and RS-485 standards overcome these limitations by using differential voltage lines for data and control signals.
The Advantech ADAM-4520/4522 converter lets you take advantage of RS-422 and RS-485 on systems originally equipped with RS-232. It transparently converts RS-232 signals into isolated RS-422 or RS-485 signals. You do not need to change your PC's hardware or your software. The ADAM-4510S repeater simply amplifies, or boosts, existing RS-422/485 signals to enable them to cover longer distances. It extends the communication distance by 4000 ft. (1200 m) or increases the maximum number of connected nodes by 32.
- Automatic RS-485 data fl ow control.
- 3000 VDC isolation protection.
- Surge protection RS-485 data line.
- Transmission speed up to 115.2 Kbps.
- Networking up to 1200 meters (4000 feet).
- Reserved space for termination resistors.
- Power and data flow indicator for troubleshooting.
- Power requirement: +10 to +30 VDC.
Mounts easily on a DIN-rail, panel or piggyback.
- Isolation Voltage: 3000VDC.
- Network: RS-485.
- Comm. Speed (Serial): from 1,200 to 115.2k.
- Comm. Distance (Serial): 1.2 km.
Interface Connectors: RS-422/485 plug-in screw terminal.