Arduino YÚN is the first member of a new groundbreaking line of wifi products combining the power Linux with ease of use of Arduino.
The first Arduino YÚN is the combination of a classic Arduino Leonardo (based on the Atmega32U4 processor) with a Wifi system-ona-chip running Linino (a MIPS GNU/Linux based on OpenWRT). We embedded the Linux machine directly on the PCB of the Arduino Leonardo and we connected the two so that from Arduino it’s very easy to run commands on the Linux side and use it as an Ethernet and Wifi interface.
Historically, interfacing Arduino with complex web services has been quite a challenge due to the limited memory available. Web services tend to use verbose text based formats like XML that require quite a lot or ram to parse. On the Arduino Yún we have created the Bridge library which delegates all network connections and processing of HTTP transactions to the Linux machine.
To make it even simpler to create complex applications, the Arduino Yún comes loaded with the power of Temboo, an innovative startup which provides normalized access to 100+ APIs, databases, and code utilities from a single point of contact allowing developers to mix and match data coming from multiple platforms (for example, Facebook, Foursquare, Dropbox and even FedEx and PayPal).
The board can be programmed with an USB cable in the classic Arduino way or through the Wifi connection without the need to physically access the board. The new Arduino 1.5.4 IDE has the ability to detect any Arduino Yún connected to the local network. Clicking on the name of board and inputting a password is all it's needed to program a board.
For more information about this product visit www.arduino.cl, there you will find tutorials and examples that will be useful if you are starting out with Arduino YÚN.
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4.
- Operating Voltage: 5V.
- Input Voltage (recommended): 5V via microUSB or PoE 802.3af.
- Input Voltage (limits): 5V.
- Digital I/O Pins: 14.
- PWM Channels: 7.
- Analog Input Channels: 6 (plus 6 multiplexed on 6 digital pins).
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40mA.
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50mA.
- Flash Memory: 32 KB (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader.
- SRAM: 2.5 KB (ATmega32u4).
- EEPROM: 1 KB (ATmega32u4).
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz.
- Arduino Yun Poe Warning:MIPS 24K processor operating at up to 400 MHz.
- DDR2 64MB Ram and 16MB SPI Flash.
- Complete IEEE 802.11bgn 1x1 AP or router.
- USB 2.0 host/device.
- poE compatible 802.3af.
- MicroSD card support.